Stress at Work
- Stress affects millions of people. One of the most common forms of stress is that related to our careers and the workplace.
- In today’s economic difficulty, work related stress is even more pronounced than ever before. Worries about whether or not people will be able to keep their job, their health insurance, and even keep their homes, plays a large role in stress, and the possibility of losing a job can be scary.
- Another word for stress is tension or anxiety. When someone experiences stress, there are many different symptoms and repercussions.
- Depending on the level and frequency of stress, some of these symptoms can become serious and cause a myriad of problems. Stress affects people both mentally and physically.
- The heart rate increases, headaches can develop, and often people become irritated much more easily. Individuals who work in high stress or dangerous jobs as well as those who are employed at a place where there is a high pressure environment are often prone to experiencing stress.
- Work environment, coworker relations, and customer pressures can all contribute to stress at work. Understanding how to manage, minimize, and deal with stress can help people feel more relaxed and react when stressful situations as they arise.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Duration 2 weeks
During this phase, a walk-through survey and a focus group discussion with key personnel will be held. Absenteeism rates, turnover rates, injuries, and violence incidents may all help in construction of a wholesome overview about how much stress is pervasive in this establishment.
Then departments which scored highest in job stress levels would be interviewed to search for physical and mental health effects known to be an outcome in genetically-predisposed working population. General Health Questionnaire may be used besides medical appraisal.
Identification of the main stressors at work
Duration 2 weeks
Depending on the initial evaluation, an action plan will be made to target the main and highly affected departments. Of course organizational stressors will be explained to management to initiate quality circles with workers and supervisors to modify stressors in a practical way.
-Aligning with the management
-Corrective actions plan development upon the assessment results
Duration 1 week
Post training evaluation and assessment of the whole previously assessed and trained employees after three months depending on the same checklist and questionnaire.